We’ve been spending some time lately doing live broadcasts on Periscope and are getting around to adding those short videos to our blog. We’ve gone back to September to pull out this one and would encourage you to follow us on Periscope (@thesconnection) so you can be notified next time we go live.
In this 15 minute video we break down the components of an instagram posts and how to use them to make sure your posts are being seen by your ideal audience.
Here is a short overview of what is discussed and you can watch the full video below.
- Be consistent – Put out information regularly, set out a schedule for your posts. For example lets say you have 45 minutes a week to spend on Instagram so 3 days a week of content seems possible. Set out which days you will post each week for exampleMonday, Wednesday & Friday. This is great as one it lets your audience see you are consistently posting not just putting out 5 posts and then disappearing till who knows when. The benefit for you is by setting this expectation you know how much content you need to create.
- Text – The content that goes with your image is important. While Instagram is focused on images what are you going to tell people once you have their attention? What value, special offer, or knowledge are you sharing. For example when I share quotes on my page I’ll always include text of how that quote impacted something in my business, so there is more to it than just a quote.
- Call to Action – this is often overlooked, but what action do you want people to take once they read your post? I give lots of examples in the video.
- Hashtags – Instagram and hashtags go together like peanut butter and jelly 🙂 The fastest way to grow your Instagram account is with good hashtags. Want to know how many hashtags you can use then you’ll have to listen to our scope.
- Tag your location! Especially if you are a retail store, make sure you have your location set up and then tag your photos with your store name. A benefit is your location name will show up right underneath your Instagram Account Name.
Now you want to take someone from Instagram and get their email address. The reason for this is that we don’t own social media channels so you do want to drive traffic to your email list so you have their contact info and can reach out with special offers, an eNewletter you do this way you aren’t relying on having Instagram show your content. To do this I talk about how to utilize the link in your bio to get them to your website and to opt-in offers that you have.
Finally, I answer a few of your questions including how to build trust through Instagram and how to use Instagram Stories. If you want to talk more specifically about how to best use social media channels for your business, take advantage of my FREE one on one Master Your Social Media Assessment where we can chat about how your business can benefit from Social Media.
— Social Connection (@theSconnection) September 14, 2016